Semester 2 – Abat Oliba CEU
The semester at Abat Oliba CEU includes 4-days a week lectures in class, where students will be offered a strong theoretical background supported by case studies, group works and presentations. Each week, a company visit will be organized to provide students with further empirical evidences of each subject they study. This is a great opportunity to strengthening students’ networking skills!
Total ECTS: 40 (35 + 5 CCL COURSE)
1. Supply Chain Management in F&B
Supply Chain Management is concerned to manage the operations from the suppliers to the final customers.
Companies produce goods and services, and the way these products are designed, planned, delivered or transported could be a key point for cost reduction goals, quality and customer satisfaction.
Supply Chain Management affects directly productivity and competitiveness of the firm.
The emergence of Global Value Chain has increased the importance of the logistics and the supply chain management.
This module (8 ECTS) offers a great help in order to achieve the necessary experience for the internationalisation of a business, based on the Import-Export activities and the logistic and transport operations related to Food and Beverage sector.
The aim of this module includes fulfilling the following items:
- Understand by the student the importance of Supply Chain Management in a company.
- Develop the student’s capacity to analyze some strategic and operational decisions for the SCM.
- Develop students’ capacity to take decisions on location and warehouse layout design.
- Understand the different levels of planning (long term, medium term, short term, MPS).
- Understand different approaches to logistics. Acquire the present importance rise of logistics in globalized world.
- Understand the differences between integral logistics and distribution logistics.
2. Social Entrepreneurship and Creativity in Food and Beverage
This module (7 ECTS) focuses on Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship, encouraging students to develop, organize and manage a business venture, especially small business and starts ups, offering goods and services for sale.
The course general objectives include the development of the following competences:
- Develop the ability to detect an opportunity in the market, think strategically about an own business as a professional possibility for the future: how to create a successful and long-lasting start-up, how to write a convincing business plan, and how its strategy can be implemented and executed successfully
- Improve student’s skills in project management from the definition, to the planning, executing and evaluation of a new business.
- Make students more conscious about the importance of ethical principles, personal and company values, and socially responsible management practices
- Foster students’ confidence in their ability to present their ideas in a logical and persuasive manner.
- Create highly self-motivated, proactive and action-oriented people who are comfortable with taking the initiative, even within the boundaries of an organization, in pursuit of an innovative product or service.
3. Family Business and Law
This module (8 ECTS) focuses on Family Business, training students on how to cope with the management dynamics characterising the European panorama of entrepreneurship, dominated by family businesses.
The understanding of legal issues and tax frameworks related to setting up a business and keeping it successful shape an important part of the module as well as the management of conflicts in family business
4. International Marketing and Communication in Food and Beverage
This module (8) provides students with an extensive knowledge of the commercial tools and techniques for obtaining information and analyzing it in decision making. Students will learn how to analyze the marketing instruments needed to facilitate the commercial action of businesses in the food and beverages sector, through market studies, commercial viability analysis and an adequate planning of the sales, distribution and communication policy, as well as mechanisms for accessing new foreign markets. An important part of the module will be the elaboration and presentation of a marketing plan for an existing or newly founded business
5. Business Ethics
This short course (3 ECTS) provides students with a deeper understanding of how to apply Sustainability, Stakeholder Theory and Corporate Social Responsibility following the principles of business ethics and therefore, of a stronger link between business and society. This course is intended to improve students’ ability to decision-making and allow their comprehension of such a complex process.
6. Methodology Investigation
This short course (1 ECTS) provides students with the tools and knowledge for conducting a thorough research, whether it is empirical or theoretical. Methods of investigation will be explained and applied to the specifics of each student’s thesis project.
How do I elaborate on my research question? How do I structure my questionnaire? How do I choose the sample of investigation? Which methodology better fits my research question? These are just some of the questions that will be addressed during this course.
7. CREATIVE LEADERSHIP ESSENTIAL – CCL COURSE (5 ECTS)
click here for further information: http://www.mfbse.com/creativeleadershipdiploma/